La Roche College is currently accepting applications for an English as a Second Language Staff Instructor.
1) Provide high quality English as a Second Language at all levels and in all skill areas; hold office hours for academic consultation and advising for students.
2) Provide learner centered instruction; incorporate project based learning and appropriate use of technology in the classroom with appropriate assessment.
3) Create course syllabi and lesson plans following the ESL department established curriculum guidelines. Integrate a variety of sound instructional methods and technology into daily classes.
4) Produce relevant and reliable assessment tools and conduct routine assessment to evaluate student progress throughout the semester.
5) Carry out final assessment for each course which reflects the material taught throughout the semester. Provide constructive written feedback on students' progress at mid-term and end of the semester conferences that promotes success.
6) Maintain the ESL mission and policies.
7) Contribute to the program and curriculum development of the ESL Program through written and verbal input; participate in weekly staff meetings.
8) Collaborate with ESL staff on programs, curriculum, and activities. Plan, organize, and lead students on field trips and cultural outings throughout the semester.
9) Provide classroom leadership that is culturally appropriate.
Applicants must hold a Master's degree in TESOL or related discipline.