Computer Science Department Website A major in Computer Science is meant to prepare students for jobs and careers in the computer industry or for further study at the graduate level in computer science, telecommunications, or related fields, or to provide students with a background in a fundamental science.
To complete the computer science degree major, a minimum of 120 credits is required, the last 30 of which must be earned at La Roche College. The required course work consists of:
- 33 credits in computer science core-components
- 9 credits in computer science electives
- 14 credits in mathematics
- 8 credits in physics
- 34 credits in core curriculum
- 22 credits in general electives