Bachelor of Arts
Justice, Law & Security Website
The major is designed to prepare students for career opportunities in the criminal justice field, to include law enforcement, courts and corrections, and private security, or for further study at the graduate level in criminal justice, criminology or law. To successfully complete the criminal justice major, the following coursework is required:
- 30 Criminal Justice core component credits
- 12 Criminal Justice elective credits
- 12 skills components credits
- 40 academic core credits
- 15 general elective credits:May be fulfilled through a second major, minor or certificate program. Recommended programs are: Criminalistics, Accounting, Computer Forensics and Security, Forensic Psychology, Pre-Law, Sociology, Modern Languages (Spanish or Arabic)
- 11 credits of a foreign language [Spanish or Arabic recommended].
A minimum of 120 credits is required for degree, the last 30 of which must be taken at La Roche College.