Master of Education with Autism Spectrum Disorder Endorsement Certification
THIS PROGRAM WILL BEGIN IN FALL 2014
PURPOSE: The Master's Degree in Special Education is designed for candidates who currently hold a teaching certificate and a special education certificate. Candidates will earn a M.Ed. and an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) endorsement. The curriculum is developed to provide graduates with the advanced skills and knowledge needed to successfully teach children with special needs and work effectively with their families and agenices.
30 credits are required for degree
- Master's Degree Candidates (MDC) will demonstrate the knowledge and skills to foster academic, social, and emotional growth to maximize the abilities of individual students with diverse needs.
- MDC will demonstrate competence in classroom management for diverse populations, with a focus on students in inclusive settings.
- MDC will integrate evidence based practice (instructional strategies and assessment techniques) to meet the needs of students and families.
- MDC will employ skills in facilitating the transition process of students with special needs.
- MDC will collaborate with various community agencies to enhance educational opportunities for all stakeholders.
- MDC will engage in research to actively promote the advancement of the profession.