Bachelor of Arts
International Studies Department Website.The International Affairs program will offer students the opportunity to develop a global perspective by being exposed to the complexities of world politics and economics. It will instill in students an awareness and appreciation for the mosaic of cultural diversity among nations and peoples. Students will be familiarized with the rapidly developing international organizational structures in government, business and other areas of international activity. Students will have career opportunities in public service in international areas of government and diplomacy, international governmental and non-governmental organizations and international business.
To complete the International Affairs concentration successfully, the following course work is required:
- 36 credits of International Affairs Major Requirements
- 18 credits of International Affairs Major Electives (NOTE: Students may select up to 9 credits in History and/or Geography).
- 12 modern language credits in a language other than the student's native language (can be waived for International Students through completion of a Challenge Exam)
- 37 credits Core Curriculum courses
- 17 credits of General Electives selected by the student and the advisor.
120 credits are required for graduation, the last 30 of which must be completed at La Roche College.