Management Information Systems Technology is a member of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a leading specialized acceditation association for business education.
The major is designed to provide students with the knowledge, abilities and attitudes needed to function effectively as business and organizational programmers and analysts. Further, it provides students with the educational background for lifelong professional, cultural, educational and personal development. The MIS major will receive in-depth education and training in at least three different career-related areas:
- In systems development methodologies, which provide the fundamental problem-solving approaches used in the profession
- In technical computer skills, which provide the tools for implementing those problem solutions
- In business theory, which provides an understanding of the context within which the systems are implemented.
This program is part of our Management and Information Systems Technology (MIST) program in the Business Division.
To complete the Management Information Systems major successfully, the following course work is required.
- 48 Business Core Requirements credits
- 12 Skills Component credits
- 27 MIS major credits
- 3 MIS major elective credits
- 34 credits of Core Requirements
- A minimum of 120 credits are required for degree, the last 30 of which must be completed at La Roche College.