English Department Website.The English language and literature curriculum is designed to develop language skills and to teach analytical skills and research methods necessary in approaching English studies as a discipline. The program encourages an appreciation of cultural heritage through literary works and stimulates the imagination. This major prepares students for graduate school in English or library science, and for positions in government services and public relations.
To complete the Language & Literature major successfully, the following course work is required:
- 33 credits of Major Requirements
- 3 credits of Writing Skills Component
- 18-20 credits in either Literature, Language and Literature, or Literacy and Learning Focus Areas
- 34-37 credits of CORE Curriculum courses
- 32-35 credits of General Electives
A minimum of 120 credits is required for graduation, the last 30 of which must be earned at La Roche College.