English Department Website.The writing curriculum is designed to prepare students for careers in public relations, business communications and publications, advertising, writing, journalism and technical writing. To complete the professional writing major successfully, the following course work is required:
- 30 credits of English Writing Component courses
- 12 credits of Literature Component courses
- 15 credits of Professional Companion courses
- 15 Credits of Professional Focus credits selected in a discipline
- 37 credits of CORE Curriculum courses
- 12 credits of General Electives
A minimum of 120 credits is required for graduation, the last 30 of which must be earned at La Roche College.
Professional Focus: 15 Credits
Consists of five courses chosen from the student's area of academic interest.