Note:Spaces still available for both one week and two weeks sessions.
Partnering with RedR UK, one of the world’s premier training organizations, La Roche’s Global Development and Humanitarian Aid Training Program will develop these core competencies:
- Understanding human rights and humanitarian contexts, principles and laws
- Working collaboratively to achieve results
- Ensuring safety and security under conditions of pressure and change
2016 Training programs and dates: May 16 - 27
- Option One: May 16-20, 2016: Essentials of Humanitarian Aid Training focuses on the key competencies in the field and includes case studies and emergency response simulations. This
program is offered in partnership with RedR, a well-known UK humanitarian aid
training agency. In addition to the RedR training, our
program includes special evening programs on current issues, history and
specialty areas related to humanitarian aid.
Participants will receive a Certificate in Essentials in Humanitarian Practice provided by RedR.
- Option Two: May 16-27, 2016: This comprehensive training incorporates the Essentials of Humanitarian Aid Training, plus training in specialized areas such as project management, international guidelines for action, and focus areas of humanitarian aid. Movie forums, guest lectures, team activities and visits to humanitarian aid organizations in Pittsburgh are included in this extended version of training. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will receive a Certificate in the Essentials in Humanitarian Practice from RedR and a
Certificate in Global Development and Humanitarian Aid from La Roche College
- Option Three: Online + May 22-27, 2016: This option is a
unique and flexible program that includes a curated selection of online certificate courses, the majority of which must be completed prior to the May 22-27 training and
simulations. Upon successful completion of
the program, participants will receive online certificates and a Certificate in Global Development and Humanitarian Aid
from La Roche College.
Costs of courses (includes room and board):
For more information:
Please contact Charlotte Reed, assistant director of global engagement, at 412-536-1215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course will be held May 16 - 27, 2016.