Partnering with RedR UK, one of the world’s premier training organizations, La Roche’s Global Development and Humanitarian Aid Training Program will develop these core competencies:
Please note: We are still in the process of planning the 2017 Global Development and Humanitarian Aid Training. Please check back for updates and additional information.
- Understanding human rights and humanitarian contexts, principles and laws
- Working collaboratively to achieve results
- Ensuring safety and security under conditions of pressure and change
2017 Training Programs and Dates: May 15-26
- Option One: Essentials of Humanitarian Aid Training focuses on the key competencies in the field and includes case studies and emergency response simulations. This
program is offered in partnership with RedR, a well-known UK humanitarian aid
training agency. In addition to the RedR training, our
program includes special evening programs on current issues, history and
specialty areas related to humanitarian aid.
Participants will receive a Certificate in Essentials in Humanitarian Practice provided by RedR.
- Option Two: This comprehensive training incorporates the Essentials of Humanitarian Aid Training, plus training in specialized areas such as project management, international guidelines for action, and focus areas of humanitarian aid. Movie forums, guest lectures, team activities and visits to humanitarian aid organizations in Pittsburgh are included in this extended version of training. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will receive a Certificate in the Essentials in Humanitarian Practice from RedR and a
Certificate in Global Development and Humanitarian Aid from La Roche College
- Option Three: Online + La Roche College Week: This option is a
unique and flexible program that includes a curated selection of online certificate courses. Upon successful completion of
the program, participants will receive online certificates and a Certificate in Global Development and Humanitarian Aid
from La Roche College.
Costs of Courses (includes housing and most meals):
You can receive undergraduate or graduate credits for this course. If you are interested contact us to request more information.
- Option One: $1,500
- Option Two: $2,000
- Option Three: $1,200
For More Information:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The course will be held May 16 - 27, 2016.