LA ROCHE COLLEGE DANCE THEATRE ANNOUNCES 2008-09 SEASON
Pittsburgh, August 20, 2008 — The upcoming 2008-2009 La Roche College Dance Department is gearing up for another successful dance season in which its students will show off their talents and expertise. This year’s season includes the following performances:
• Choreographers’ Series 08 – Saturday, Oct. 4: Students cast, choreograph and perform in their own showcase on the Main Campus of La Roche College.
• La Roche College Family Day – Saturday, Oct. 25: The La Roche College Dance Theatre (LRCDT) will entertain family and friends as part of the College’s annual “Family Day” event. The members will perform pieces that range from classical to contemporary.
• Winter Rep 2008 – Dec. 11 and 13: The LRCDT will light up the holiday season with the classic “Giselle Act II.” Members will perform works from their repertoire, as well as new pieces from faculty and staff.
• Springtime in Manhattan – March 2009: Sponsored by the Archdiocese of New York Office of Black Ministry, the LRCDT members will, for the second year in a row, perform in New York City.
• Aurora’s Wedding – Wednesday, April 29, 2009, at 7 p.m.: Celebrate love, spring and the pursuit of happiness as the dancers present “Aurora’s Wedding” and excerpts from the timeless classic “Sleeping Beauty.” The Dance Theatre will return to the Byham stage with these performances along with featured new works by Artistic Director Gerard W. Holt and dance faculty Miriam Scigliano and Nancy Kovalak.
• North Hills Multi-Cultural Festival – June 2009: The season finale will take place at the annual North Hills Multi-Cultural Festival, sponsored in part by La Roche College and performed on the Main Campus.
For times, ticket information or general information about any of the performances in the upcoming season, please contact us at 724-538-5856 or 412-536-1184 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.