La Roche University is seeking applications for the full-time position of Coordinator of Course Catalog, Class Scheduling and Grading. Located in the Registrar’s Office, this highly visible position has full responsibility for the University Course Catalog, the student grade entry process and assignment of classrooms to ensure efficient utilization of space. The Coordinator serves as a resource to faculty on scheduling and grading issues while maintaining the integrity of student academic records. This position serves as both an internal and external liaison, representing the Registrar’s Office and the University on various committees, special projects and related assignments. The Coordinator reports to the Registrar and is eligible for full-time benefits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Updates, publishes and archives the University’s Course Catalog annually; develops a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum, policies, and student information system.
- Coordinates with academic administration and faculty to develop and publish each semester’s schedule of classes in conformance with University guidelines; maintains the classroom inventory, assigning classes to classrooms to maximize efficiency.
- Monitors the grade submission process, tracking late and incomplete grades with faculty, maintaining student academic records in compliance with FERPA requirements.
- Assists with the development of the Academic Calendar; maintains online registration databases; helps Student Accounts determine refund dates.
- Registers students for Independent and Directed Study, Directed Research and Internships; processes registrations for English as a Second Language (ESL) students.
- Serves as the liaison to both the University Core Curriculum Committee and the Pittsburgh Council of Higher Education (PCHE).
- Cross-trains in all functional areas within the Registrar’s Office.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two (2) years experience in higher education, preferably within student services
- Demonstrated proficiency with student information systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; capable of establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Ability to learn, interpret and enforce University policies
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize, organize, problem-solve and complete large volumes of work while handling multiple tasks and projects
- Handles sensitive information and situations with tact and discretion; has a working knowledge of FERPA requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office, meeting deadlines within strict time frames
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
A cover letter and resume can accompany a completed application. Candidates subject to background clearances. Review of application materials will begin immediately; position open until filled.