La Roche University is currently seeking candidates for the position of Admissions Counselor for Freshman Admissions, part of the Division of Enrollment Management. The Admissions Counselor will be responsible for recruiting qualified applicants for undergraduate admissions in accordance with accreditation and university standards and regulations. This highly visible position works to increase awareness of La Roche University through outreach, communication, and specialized events.
The Admissions Counselor develops partnerships with corporate/community organizations, high schools, post-secondary schools, faculty and guidance personnel. The position works closely with other university staff to achieve divisional milestones and organizational goals. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position and will involve significant travel; must have reliable transportation for work at off-site locales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit qualified students for the undergraduate educational programs offered by the University; manage and convert individuals from applicants to enrollees.
- Manage a specific applicant pool and specific geographic territory; communicate with prospective students, parents, and guidance counselors at university/college fairs, school visits and similar venues.
- Initiate, maintain and plan appropriate, consistent contact with prospective students through telephonic, in-person, and electronic and social media communication methods.
- Interview prospective students, including parents/guardians; explain the admissions process and answer all inquiries. Guide campus tours of buildings and grounds when appropriate.
- Establish positive relationships with guidance counselors, various members of the University academic community, and related constituencies to promote enrollment activities and goals.
- Review admission applications and related materials; make recommendations for acceptance, including merit awards.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of recruitment strategies, policies and activities to meet annual goals.
- Develop, participate in, evaluate and improve all admission related programs such as Open Houses and Preview Days.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and best practices pertinent to the admissions environment within higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of/experience with admissions processes in U.S. higher education; understanding of La Roche University admissions practices a plus
- Must have access to reliable transportation for travel to various sites; ideal candidate should possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have appropriate insurance coverage throughout their tenure as an admissions counselor
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; public speaking experience is essential
- Ability to use various communication tools, including telephone, social media and other forms of electronic messaging
- Strong planning and organizational skills; must be computer literate
- Able to work with diverse groups and individuals, exhibit enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Ability to meet project and task deadlines efficiently and professionally
- Ability/willingness to work within a team structure and independently
- Ability to work non-traditional hours such as evenings and weekends required
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
A cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae should accompany a completed application. Candidates subject to background clearances. Review of application materials will begin immediately; position open until filled.