Travel to Italy with the Center for Lifelong Learning and the Study Abroad+Study USA office Nov. 4-12, 2023.
Saturday, Nov. 4 – Overnight Flight from Pittsburgh to Rome
Sunday, Nov. 5 – Arrival in Rome
Meet your travel director and transfer to your hotel in the center of the city. Orientation walk. Welcome dinner.
Monday, Nov. 6 – Rome: The Ancient City
Morning guided visit of ancient Rome, including entrances to the Colosseum and the Forum. Free afternoon.
Tuesday, Nov. 7 – Rome: The Vatican
Morning guided visit of the Vatican City, including St. Peters Basilica and the Vatican museums. Free afternoon.
Wednesday, Nov. 8 – Assisi, Spoleto
Morning drive north to the beautiful region of Tuscany. First stop is in Assisi for a walking tour that includes a visit to the monastery to see the frescoes depicting the life of St. Francis by Giotto. Continue to Spoleto to visit the Cathedral. Overnight and dinner in Cortona, your home for two nights.
Thursday, Nov. 9 – Cortona, Deruta
Morning visit to the town of Deruta, famous worldwide for its ceramics. Learn about the ceramic-making tradition in the town and enjoy the opportunity to purchase items. The remainder of the day is free in Cortona. Optional cooking lesson.
Friday, Nov. 10 – Florence: Arezzo
First is in Arezzo for a walking tour including frescoes depicting the Legend of the True Cross by Piero della Francesca in the Basilica of San Francesco. Continue to Florence with a stop for some wine-tasting on the way.
Saturday, Nov. 11 – Florence: Guided Visit
See the highlights of the city on a morning walk with a local guide. The afternoon is free for shopping at the San Lorenzo Market and to visit one of the many museums in the city. Farewell dinner.
Sunday, Nov. 12 – Return to the United States
*Itinerary order is subject to change.
Based on 15 travelers in twin rooms: $4,400
There is a $200 discount for active and current Adventures in Lifelong members and LRU Alumni.
- Single room upgrade: $650
- Optional medical insurance: $75
- Optional two-night extension to Venice: $900
- Round-trip air transportation (including departure fees)
- Full-time travel director
- Seven night accommodations in twin rooms
- Seven breakfasts, three dinners
- All activities as per the itinerary
- Guided tours: Ancient Rome, Vatican, Assisi and Florence
- Pre-trip meeting with the group on campus.
Included in Venice extension:
- Two night accommodation in twin rooms
- Two breakfasts, one dinner
- Travel by train from Florence to Venice
Register and pay online through Hart Travel Partners.
Participants should register with their names as they appear or will appear on their passports.
May 15, 2023: $500 deposit
July 15, 2023: $1,000 second payment
Aug. 15, 2023: Final balance due
Standard Cancellation Policy:
Cancellations must be submitted in writing, including by email. The date of the cancellation is the date on which HTP receives the notice. Payments cannot be transferred to another account.
- 180 days or more prior to departure: Full refund less a $200 cancellation fee.
- 179-100 days prior to departure: Full refund less a $350 cancellation fee.
- 99-60 days prior to departure: Full refund less a $1,000 cancellation fee.
- 59 days or less prior to departure: No refund.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Center for Lifelong Learning