Do you want to learn English as a second language?
Whether you are preparing for an academic degree or simply want to learn the language, our intensive ESL program will help you achieve your goal! We have a program that students test into upon arrival. Upon completion of the program, conditionally admitted students can continue on to their undergraduate or Master’s coursework.
Requirements & Application for English as a Second Language
- APPLY ONLINE | Printable ESL Application (PDF)
- Secondary/High School Transcript and Diploma (with notarized English translation)
- Post-secondary Academic Transcript, if applicable (with notarized English translation)
- National Exam Scores, if applicable
- Copy of Passport Photo Page
- International Student Agreement
- Affidavit of Support - signed by your financial sponsor
- Official Recent Bank Statement of Sponsor
- Bank statement must be dated within 3-4 months of the planned semester start date
- Final balance on the bank statement must document the financial capability of your sponsor to cover at least one academic year of estimated expenses
- Bank statement should document the currency of the account
Additional documents required of transfer students:
- Transcripts from all previous ESL courses
- Copy of Current I-20
- Copy of Current Visa
- Immigration Transfer Request Form
Please note: All of the above documents may be scanned and emailed as an attachment to email@example.com, faxed to 412-536-1188 or mailed to:
La Roche University
9000 Babcock Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15237 USA