Global Problems, Global Solutions is a free, annual conference. La Roche leads and co-sponsors the conference with local colleges, universities and nonprofits known for their global activism.
The Global Problems, Global Solutions conferences discuss progress, plans and initiatives related to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals. Established in September 2015, the new sustainable development agenda seeks to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. Each goal has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years.
Dedicated to promoting justice and peace in a constantly changing global society, La Roche supports the U.N. in working to make these goals a reality in Pittsburgh and throughout the global marketplace.
Previous Keynote Speakers
- Jim Withers, M.D., medical director and founder of Operation Safety Net and the Street Medicine Institute
- Richard V. Piacentini, Executive Director of Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Maureen A. Dunn, Division chief of the office of policy and strategy at U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Robert C. Gallo, MD, Co-Discoverer of HIV Causing AIDS
- Former Secretary of the Treasury Paul O’Neill
- Pulitzer Prize Winner Sheryl WuDunn
- Deputy Secretary of USAID, Ambassador Donald Steinberg
For More Information
Contact Assistant Director of Global Engagement Emily Markham at 412-536-1215 or firstname.lastname@example.org