Global Problems, Global Solutions 2017 Conference Recap
“Health Care: An Issue of Social Justice?”
Sponsored by UPMC Health Plan and the Brother’s Brother Foundation
The Global Problems, Global Solutions 2017 conference featured the keynote address, “Health Care: An Issue of Social Justice?”, with Dr. Jim Withers. Also awarded the La Roche College President’s Medal, Dr. Withers is widely known for his work in street medicine as the founder of Operation Safety Net and the Street Medicine Institute
About Global Problems, Global Solutions
Global Problems, Global Solutions is a free, annual conference. La Roche leads and co-sponsors the conference with local colleges, universities and nonprofits known for their global activism.
The Global Problems, Global Solutions conferences discuss progress, plans and initiatives related to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals. Established in September 2015, the new sustainable development agenda seeks to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. Each goal has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years.
Dedicated to promoting justice and peace in a constantly changing global society, La Roche supports the U.N. in working to make these goals a reality in Pittsburgh and throughout the global marketplace.
Previous Keynote Speakers
- Richard V. Piacentini, Executive Director of Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Maureen A. Dunn, Division chief of the office of policy and strategy at U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Robert C. Gallo, MD, Co-Discoverer of HIV Causing AIDS
- Former Secretary of the Treasury Paul O’Neill
- Pulitzer Prize Winner Sheryl WuDunn
- Deputy Secretary of USAID, Ambassador Donald Steinberg
For More Information
Contact Assistant Director of Global Engagement Emily Markham at 412-536-1215 or firstname.lastname@example.org