Think you have what it takes to make your debut on the big screen? The Pittsburgh Pirates and La Roche University are looking for creative and energetic Redhawks to lead Know the Burgh, an in-game quiz show at PNC Park.
HOW TO AUDITION
- Choose a #KnowtheBurgh trivia question.
- Videotape yourself reading the question. Feel free to ad lib – get creative, stage a scene, make it yours. Your video should be no longer than one minute.
- Upload your audition video to Instagram or Twitter. Include the hashtag #KnowtheBurgh.
- If sharing your video on Twitter, include #KnowtheBurgh and @larochecollege.
- We’re looking for people who speak to us, not read to us. Talk like you would in a conversation with a friend, not as if you’re reading a script or a teleprompter.
- Speak clearly so that you’re easy to hear and understand.
- Be yourself and show us your unique personality.
- Be engaging and animated.
- Dress in your favorite Redhawk or Pirates gear.
- If you’re too nervous to audition alone, include a friend, classmate or faculty member.*
- Relax and have fun.
- You don’t have to be a professional videographer to audition. This isn’t a film contest.
*Please note that prizes will be awarded only to the individual submitting the video (the account holder).
- You must be a current La Roche University student, alumnus or faculty/staff member who resides in the Pittsburgh area.
- You must follow @larochecollege on Instagram or Twitter and post your audition video with the hashtag #KnowtheBurgh. Videos that do not include this hashtag will not be considered.
- We ask that private accounts are made public in order for your video to be entered.
- Videos must be submitted by March 20 at 8 a.m.
- One video per contestant. You must be present in the video.
- Filters and editing tools are permitted.
- All submissions should adhere to the social media policy at La Roche University.
Those selected will have the opportunity to be filmed as part of the Know the Burgh in-game promotion shown on screen at PNC Park. Additional prizes vary for students, faculty and alumni.
The first five contestants to submit a video will receive a pair of tickets to a Pirates game at PNC Park. All student contestants will be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card.
The first five faculty/staff members to submit a video will receive a pair of tickets to a Pirates game at PNC Park.
The first five alumni to submit a video will receive a pair of tickets to a Pirates game at PNC Park. All alumni contestants will be entered to receive free admission to La Roche’s Homecoming Weekend Welcome Back Dinner on Saturday, April 22.
- Contest Period
The #KnowtheBurgh audition contest will run from 10 a.m. on Sunday, March 12 to 8 a.m. on Monday, March 20. The Office of Marketing and Media Relations will notify prize winners and Know the Burgh finalists by March 24.
- Selection Criteria
The Office of Marketing and Media Relations will review all submissions, but ultimately the Pittsburgh Pirates will make the final selection. Filming will take place on the La Roche campus. The Office of Marketing and Media Relations will work with those who are selected to schedule filming between March and May.
- Terms and Conditions