Stop the Spread of Germs
Help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and make sure you wash your thumbs, wrists and in-between your fingers. This is the best defense against the spread of all viruses.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get to medical care.
- Get the seasonal flu vaccine. Though not protective against COVID-19, the seasonal vaccine may prevent against flu, which is circulating throughout the U.S. and is known to cause severe respiratory illness.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Patients with COVID-19 have experienced mild to severe respiratory illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and can include:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
For more information regarding COVID-19, including ongoing updates, visit: