The University will continue to update the campus community as new and relevant information or policy developments arise.
Welcome Back – Fall 2022
Updated August 11, 2022
Dear La Roche University community,
As we prepare for the fall semester, the University’s Emergency Response Team continues to monitor conditions from state and federal health authorities. Individuals reporting cases at La Roche to date have been either asymptomatic or have had mild to moderate symptoms, in part due to high rates of vaccination and booster attainment. The campus community is reminded that vaccination remains the best defense against COVID-19.
The University’s present policy is that masks are not required to be worn indoors. The Emergency Response Team will continue to monitor conditions on an ongoing basis. Unvaccinated and individuals at high risk are strongly encouraged to continue to wear masks.
Please note that faculty or staff may still require a mask during their class and/or program. As such, students and employees will be required to comply and should therefore have a mask with them at all times.
If you have not been vaccinated, please do so. The COVID-19 vaccine and booster are safe and effective, and the CDC continues to recommend everyone five and older remain up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccinations to ensure optimal protection against hospitalizations and severe outcomes.
Consistent with our collegial spirit, all on campus are asked to continue to treat each other with dignity and respect when it comes to personal decisions related to COVID-19 such as masking and vaccination. People choose to wear a mask for many reasons, and we can expect that they will, perhaps well into the future. Similarly, there may be reasons that some are not vaccinated.
Our community must continue to exercise care and caution. We will continue to monitor COVID-19 activity on campus to determine if adjustments are needed.
Thank you for your continued support.
Best wishes for a safe and successful academic year.
With warm regards,
Rosemary McCarthy, Ph.D., RN
Associate Provost and Academic Dean
Chief Pandemic Safety Officer
- Mask Optional Campus Starting March 19 (PDF)
- January 6, 2022 - Vaccine and Testing Requirements for Spring 2022 Semeste (PDF)
- March 13, 2021 - Fall 2021 Campus Reopening (PDF)
- February 23, 2021 - Emergency Financial Aid Grants (PDF)
- November 18, 2020 - Important Message Regarding Week of Thanksgiving (PDF)
- October 14, 2020 - Letter to Students Regarding Spring Semester (PDF)
- August 26, 2020 - Commencement Update for Class of 2020 (PDF)
- August 12, 2020 - Virtual Town Hall Video for Students (Video Link)
- August 6, 2020 - Virtual Town Halls for Students and Employees (PDF)
- July 20, 2020 - President's Return to Campus Announcement (PDF)
- June 18, 2020 - LRU Revises Start Date for Fall Semester (PDF)
- May 20, 2020 - Fall Reopening for Future Students (PDF)
- May 15, 2020 - Thirteenth (PDF)
- May 4, 2020 - Twelfth (PDF)
- April 27, 2020 - Eleventh (PDF)
- April 23, 2020 - Tenth (PDF)
- April 17, 2020 - Ninth (PDF)
- April 8, 2020 - Eighth (PDF)
- April 7, 2020 - Seventh (PDF)
- March 23, 2020 - Sixth (PDF)
- March 18, 2020 - Fifth (PDF)
- March 11, 2020 - Fourth (PDF)
- March 4, 2020 - Third (PDF)
- Feb, 28, 2020 - Second (PDF)
- Feb. 28, 2020 - First (PDF)