Mandatory Student Health Insurance Policy
You need to take action regarding La Roche College's mandatory student health insurance policy, which applies to ALL students. This policy requires students to maintain health insurance covering them every day of their higher education.
You can enroll in the La Roche-sponsored health insurance plan or provide information about your private health insurance. Currently a charge has been placed on your student account.
- Total cost: $1,691 for Undergraduate students and $2,282.00 for Graduate students.
- The cost includes your premium and $135 advocacy and health initiative fee.
- Effective dates: Aug. 1, 2017 to July 31, 2018
In order to have this charge removed from your student account, you must respond even if you have private health insurance.
- Go to www.hulseqm.com/myinsurance
- Login ID: The last name first initial of the student, entered without spaces. Example: If your name is Betty Jones, your login ID is jonesb.
- Password: Last five digits of the student's La Roche student ID number.
- Choose enroll to sign up for the school-sponsored plan, or waive with your private health insurance information. If you enroll, the charge will remain on your student account. If you complete a waiver, credit will be transmitted to the school within seven to 14 business days.
To expedite receiving your medical ID cards, enroll now. Do not wait for the auto enrollment.
Print or screen shot your confirmation at the end of the web process and retain for your records. This is proof of your transaction. You must respond by Sept. 30, 2017.
What Happens If You Don't Respond
You will be auto-enrolled in the school's health insurance, and the insurance cost will remain on your student account. Waivers submitted after Sept. 30, 2017 will not be accepted and will incur a late waiver penalty of $135.
For More Information
Visit www.hulseqm.com/studentportal for:
- Questions for your carrier before waiving the school's insurance
- Instructions for enrolling or waiving the school's insurance plan
- Information regarding Medicaid policies
- Cost and benefit specifics for the school's insurance plan
- Targeted message for international students
- Information on optional dental and vision insurance
La Roche contracts with Healthcare Advocates at Hulse/QM. If you have questions regarding details of the insurance program, using the website or the college requirement, please call Hulse/QM at 877-729-0778.