Call 412-367-9300 to reach the Information Desk at La Roche College.
Search Results for "C"
Shinil Cho, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Mathematics
- B.S., Rikkyo University (Tokyo, Japan)
- M.S., Seoul national University (Seoul, Korea)
- Ph.D., Ohio Sate University
American Translators Association Accredited Translator (English into Japanese)
- First successful observation of the electrical conductivity of polyethylene below 0.3K by nuclear magnetic resonance at Ohio State University.
- World's first demonstration of the feasibility of an Axion detector at University of Florida.
- An earliest measurements of high temperature superconductor by microwave technology.
- Construction of a stable regenerative oscillators working at the liquid helium temperature at University of Florida.
- Construction of the world's first commercial nuclear magnetic resonance probe at 4.2K and the Dynamic Angle Spinning (DAS) probe at Doty Scientific Inc.
- Invited presentations at Ohio State University, Stanford University, University of Florida, Bruker Instruments Inc., Dory Scientific Inc., NTT Data Communications, and Japan Science and Technology Corporation.
"A Parameterized Description of NMR Signal Reception Systems Part I: Impedance of Transmission Line and Probe; and Part II: S/N Ratio of NMR Signal Reception Systems"; S.I. Cho and N.S Sullivan: Concepts in Magnetic Resonance.
RECENT ARTICLES PUBLISHED:
"How to Write Persuasive Technical English" (a one-year sequence of special article contribution to Journal of Information Management published by Japan Science and Technology Corporation, a Japanese governmental organization.)
"Statistics for Translators" (JLD journal, American Translators Association, Summer 2003)
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- NSF Pre-doctoral Fellow
- Young Physicist Award, 17th Low Temperature Conference (LT XVII)
- Who's Who in Southeast
- Nominated as a judge at Intel International Science & Engineering Fair
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIPS:
- American Physical Society
- American Physics Teachers Association
- Japanese Physical Society
- Korean Physical Society
- Korean Scientists in America
- American Translators Association
JOINED LA ROCHE: