At La Roche University you’ll be trained in all areas of finance, and you'll gain the skills and professional experience that you need to prepare
for a career in this competitive field.
When finances are managed correctly, it can create stability for individuals and families, and growth opportunities for businesses. A skilled financial expert not only aids people in making smart investment decisions, but contributes to the overall financial well-being of an organization.
La Roche’s finance major exposes you to all aspects of finance. Our goal is for you to develop critical and analytical skills, and identify and solve problems in finance. We also work to foster within our students an awareness of the values and moral issues involved in modern finance.
The finance faculty, all of whom have advanced degrees in their disciplines, are rooted with experience in the industry. La Roche professors bring a wealth of experience from a variety of different jobs in the financial sector. The faculty focuses on your individual growth to help you become a successful financial professional.
What Can You Do With Your Degree?
This degree prepares you for careers as a:
- Finance analyst, portfolio manager or pricing analyst
- Finance manager, controller or chief financial officer
- Financial advisor, investment consultant or financial planner
- Financial services representation or banker
In addition to our merit-based scholarshiops, we offer annual and endowed scholarship, thanks to our generous donors.
Charles and Ruth Mlinac Endowed Scholarship
- Applicants must be currently enrolled, majoring in math, business administration or accounting at La Roche
- Preference is given to students who have the greatest need for financial assistance and the greatest potential to succeed
- Preference also given to students who are veterans of the U.S. military
- Applicants must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and remain in good academic standing during the award term
- Essay and two letters of recommendation are required
- Renewable award
Judge Timothy F. & Mrs. Rhea Ryan Memorial Scholarship
- Applicant must be currently enrolled, majoring in administration and management.
- Applicant must be a sophomore, junior or senior for the next academic year and have completed at least 30 credits at La Roche.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Applicant must participate in university/community service.
- Essay and two letters of recommendation are required.
- Non-renewable award
our classrooms, residence halls and more.