International Student Services
Traveling to another country to pursue your education can be
exciting and unsettling at the same time. The office of International Student Services assists
international students from the point of their admission to the college until
well after graduation. Our goal is to help students:
- Understand and follow immigration regulations
- Adjust to life in the United States
- Resolve any social or cultural issues
- Receive day-to-day support
The Office of International Student Services is the primary
resource for international students in regards to:
- All immigration questions
- Social Security Administration
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Travel Information
- Visa renewal
- On-campus employment
- Authorized off-campus employment (OPT and CPT)
StudyInTheStates.gov This easy-to-follow website explains everything you need to know about being an international student, beginning with
the I-20, arriving at the airport, maintaining F-1 status and other helpful
Life at La Roche
The office of International Student Services offers several
programs for the international students:
- Conversation Partner Program helps students practice their
English with campus and community volunteers.
- Host Family Program connects international students with
local families for an important cultural and language immersion experience.
Host families invite students to join them for dinners, holidays or special
- Mentoring Program pairs students with staff and faculty members
for personalized mentoring.
For more information about any of these programs, please
contact Sr. Veronica Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-536-1066.
International students have access to a variety of support
services on campus. Here are some helpful links:
Life in Pittsburgh
Previously voted as one of the Most Livable Cities in the U.S., Pittsburgh is a beautiful and safe city. Pittsburgh offers many opportunities for sightseeing,
attending cultural activities, music performances,and sports events. Here are
some helpful links regarding life in Pittsburgh:
Natasha Garrett, Ph.D.
Director of International Student Services