At La Roche University you get the best of both worlds: a residential campus and big-city amenities.
With a town center across the street from campus, and a scenic county park in our backyard, La Roche is at the center of activity in our hometown of McCandless Township. The main attractions include McCandless Crossing, a new neighborhood and business district, and North Park of Allegheny County.
Whether you’re looking for entertainment or employment, you’ll find everything you need within walking distance of campus. This new development across the street from La Roche features:
- National and regional retailers
- Restaurants and grocery stores
- Pharmacies and banks
- A Cinemark movie theater
Escape to the great outdoors, just a short drive away from campus. Head over to North Park for outdoor sports and exercise, or for a picturesque view while picnicking and having lunch with friends. Park amenities include:
- Fishing, canoeing and kayaking sites
- An outdoor swimming pool, ice skating rink and zipline course
- Picnic areas, ball fields, and basketball and tennis courts
- A nature center and 18-hole golf
- Hiking and bicycle trails
- A restaurant with an outdoor patio overlooking the lake