Whether you want to earn a bachelor's degree or continue your education, our programs help you achieve your goals as a teacher.
La Roche University offers a variety of programs to prepare you for the demands of today’s education field. No matter which one you choose, you'll find dedicated faculty, engaging coursework and opportunities for growth.
- PreK-4 Special Education
- Middle Level Education: English/Language Arts and Reading
- Middle Level Education: Mathematics
- Middle Level Education: Science
- Middle Level Education: Social Studies*
*Students can dual major in history or political science.
After you become a certified teacher, you have the opportunity to earn a master’s degree, add an endorsement or obtain post-baccalaureate certification at La Roche:
- M.Ed. with PreK-8 Special Education Certification
- M.Ed. with Autism Spectrum Disorder Endorsement (ASD)
- Post-Baccalaureate PreK-8 Special Education Certification
- ASD Endorsement
- Advanced Studies in Autism Certificate
La Roche hosts a chapter of Kappa Delta Epsilon, an honorary education society that promotes scholarship, professionalism and community service among its members. This chapter allows you to meet other students, earn distinction in your field of study and expand your personal and professional networks.
Our 12:1 student-faculty ratio provides a small setting for you to work closely with your professors. La Roche students graduate with a network of professional mentors, continuing their relationships with faculty members years after they leave campus.
What Can You Do With Your Degree?
La Roche graduates work in some of the best school districts locally and nationally. District administrators and teachers describe our students as well-prepared and a cut above the others. With a bachelor’s degree in education, you are qualified to teach in:
- Public schools
- Private schools
- Charter schools
- Cyber school
- Learning centers
- Special education support
In addition to La Roche’s merit-based scholarships, we offer annual and endowed scholarships, thanks to our generous donors.
Coach Scott Lang Memorial Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship provides an annual award to a currently enrolled student in any of the following majors: child and family studies, criminal justice, religious studies, elementary education and English education.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.75 GPA and demonstrate financial need
- Essay and two letters of recommendation are required
- Renewable award
Tem Tipton Memorial Endowed Scholarship
The scholarship was established in memory of Tem Tipton by her family in tribute to her professional achievements as a reference librarian and teacher and in recognition of her community service activities.
- Open to full-time, undergraduate students pursuing a degree in education or English who have completed their freshman year
- Applicants must have financial need, a cumulative GPA of 3.0, and have current or past involvement with community service or other types of volunteer activities
- Recipient must remain in good standing during award term
- Essay and recommendation letters required
our classrooms, residence halls and more.
Thank you for your interest in La Roche. You will receive a response within two business days.