The Facilities Department of La Roche University is currently seeking qualified candidates for full time Custodial Services positions. Custodial Services staff are primarily responsible for the cleaning and care of certain assigned facilities and/or buildings, along with routine and comprehensive custodial maintenance. Work shifts are typically early morning to early afternoon; candidates must be able to work a weekend day shift. These positions are eligible for applicable full-time benefits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedules, coordinates, directs and performs routine and comprehensive custodial tasks for assigned areas.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms, locker rooms, classrooms, offices, hallways, residence halls, and other related areas; refills supplies and dispensers as needed.
- Vacuum, mop, scrub, polish, sweep floors and/or carpeted areas; clean and polish hardware such as doors, handles, woodwork, push/kick plates, metal handrails, cigarette receptacles, drinking fountains and other campus property.
- Remove and dispose of trash in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain service and storage areas, mechanical and electrical rooms and supply closets.
- Participate in scheduled departmental meetings and activities; notify supervisors of repairs or other issues in accordance with policies.
- Assist department with other tasks such as office moves and relocations, grounds maintenance, snow removal, event set ups.
- Work both with other team members to accomplish tasks, and work independently on assignments.
- High school diploma or equivalent; at least 18 years of age
- Hold and maintain valid driver’s license
- Knowledge and experience utilizing cleaning equipment and products; ability to use applicable hand and power tools
- Knowledge of and ability to work with wide range of chemicals, including proper handling techniques
- Understanding of and compliance with OSHA Blood borne pathogen standard, including proper handling
- Understanding of and compliance with college and OSHA HAZCOM, MSDS, Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Experience with office equipment such as telephones, copiers, electronic communication tools
- Physical Requirements: ability to work in noisy, hot and cold conditions; standing, walking, kneeling, stooping over 75% of work hours; ability to lift 50 pounds
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
A cover letter and resume can accompany a completed application. Candidates subject to background clearances including driving record. Review of submissions will begin immediately; position(s) open until filled.