Skip to Main Content

Tuition Refunds

The Financial Aid Office is required by federal statute to recalculate federal financial aid eligibility for students who withdraw, drop out, are dismissed or take a leave of absence prior to completing 60 percent of a payment period or term.

Withdrawal/Dropping a Class

If you are withdrawing from school or dropping a class, you must follow the procedures set forth by the Office of the Registrar. Non-attendance or informing staff/faculty does not constitute withdrawal from a class.

Only those who have officially withdrawn will have their accounts credited according to the academic calendar. Prior to withdrawal from a class, students should contact the Office of Financial Aid to determine any impact on their financial aid.

If your name does not appear on the instructor’s roster, it indicates that you are NOT officially registered for the class or are in the wrong section, or you are not financially cleared, and you should contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.


Students can enroll in E-refunds to get refund checks directly deposited into their checking/saving accounts. To enroll just follow the portal instructions in the back of this billing guide, and choose Enroll in E-refund. Enrollment in the E-Refunds takes 10-15 business days to activate.