La Roche University continues to enhance and expand its health programs, and is continuously seeking qualified candidates for Adjunct Faculty in the Nursing Department. Adjunct clinical instructors are needed to teach in the Entry Level Master of Science in Nursing (ELMSN) program in the following areas:
- Medical Surgical
- Mental Health
- Maternal Newborn
- Critical Care
The University offers several Nursing programs including an online RN to Bachelor of Science (RN to BSN) with an optional online RN to Master of Science (RN to MSN), and an online Master of Science (MSN) with specializations in Administration, Education, or Clinical Leadership. La Roche has recently added an Entry Level Master of Science in Nursing (ELMSN) curriculum — the first such program in Pennsylvania.
La Roche embraces its Catholic identity while welcoming people of all faiths and backgrounds, fosters global citizenship and creates a community of scholars from around the world. The University empowers all members of the community to become lifelong learners, achieve success in their chosen careers, and promote justice and peace in a constantly changing global society.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct, manage, and evaluate student learning during clinical experiences at local healthcare facilities and the University’s Clinical Simulation Center.
- Facilitate the development of students’ nursing skills, standards of practice, and clinical reasoning skills.
- Assist the students’ integration of theory and practice, specific to course learning outcomes, learning activities, and the level of the learner.
- Collaborate with course instructors on student learning activities, progress, and concerns.
- Current Pennsylvania RN license, and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience required
- Clinical teaching experience preferred
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Application materials should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and contact information for at least three professional references. Candidates must pass background clearances and submit official transcripts prior to the issuance of a contract. Review of applicants will begin immediately; position(s) open until filled.
Applicants must reside and work from one of the following states: PA, WV, VA, DE, NJ, MD, FL; or DC. Applicants who reside in OH must work on site at our PA campus.
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
These are considered adjunct faculty positions. Adjunct faculty are hired for specific teaching assignments and contracts are distributed on a semester-by-semester basis with no guarantee of future contracts. Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States. LRU will not sponsor or take over the sponsorship of an employment visa for this opportunity.