La Roche University is currently seeking candidates for the position of Grounds Technician, part of the Facilities Management Department.
The Grounds Technician is primarily responsible for the upkeep, overall appearance and safety of the landscapes and grounds throughout all seasons. Additionally, the Grounds Technician must have experience with the use, maintenance and repair of specialized equipment, and will assist with general maintenance tasks throughout the campus and adjoining grounds. This position is eligible for applicable full-time benefits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the landscape and grounds of the university and associates in the spring, summer and fall seasons, including mowing, trimming, weed control, planting, pruning, mulching, and similar duties.
- Maintain landscapes and grounds during the winter months and inclement weather periods including removal of snow & ice from parking lots, driveways, and sidewalks by using appropriate equipment including dump trucks & plows.
- Perform other seasonal grounds work such as spring and fall cleanup, planting, protection of and/or removal of plants and other greenery.
- Exhibit considerable knowledge and utilization of motorized equipment.
- Maintain athletic fields by planting, over-seeding, watering; upkeep of artificial turf fields. May be expected to attend training related to the care of sports fields.
- Assist the Athletics Department with field requirements and scheduled events.
- Perform specialized equipment maintenance and repairs on motorized equipment, including vehicles, towing, and other machinery; maintain tools, equipment and fleet on a preventive maintenance schedule.
- Perform other facilities related tasks such as deliveries, event set-ups and tear downs, and work on sponsored activities such as the annual Festival of Lights, open houses, and community special events.
- Removal of trash and debris around buildings and dormitories; empty trash receptacles.
- Complete other duties as necessary such as general maintenance tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Have and maintain valid & curent driver’s license
- Experience with and basic knowledge of the care and maintenance of lawns, turf and related landscapes
- Proficiency in the operation of hand tools and power equipment; experience using chemicals such as sprays, repellents, gas and oil
- Ability to operate and working knowledge of all grounds-related equipment
- Understanding of and compliance with MSDS and HAZCOM procedures, bloodborne pathogen standards and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as they relate to the University’s OSHA compliance program
- Ability to work in noisy, hot and cold climates and all types of outside weather conditions; hearing and eye protection equipment required at times
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds; able to stand, walk, kneel, stoop in all weather conditions for long periods of time
- Capable of working in a cooperative, team environment
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Application materials can include a cover letter and resume. Candidates subject to background clearances including driving record. Review of submissions will begin immediately; position(s) open until filled.