La Roche University is currently seeking candidates for the position of International Admissions Counselor, part of the Department of Global Engagement. The International Admissions Counselor supports an overall departmental effort that attracts and qualifies international students for both degree and non-degree programs. In addition, this position works collaboratively with all members of the international admissions group.
The International Admissions Counselor will work under the guidance of the International Admissions leadership to identify global markets, establish and sustain relationships with relevant stakeholders, and manage applications for an assigned territory. This position will create and deliver strategic communications to applicants and affiliated audiences, including the use of social media content and delivery for effective outreach and messaging.
The International Admissions Counselor will qualify and review educational credentials, make acceptance recommendations and handle protocols for SEVIS-related requirements. This position will organize application data workflow and data integrity under established departmental processes. This is considered a full-time staff position and will be eligible for corresponding benefits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Director and Assistant Director, plans, evaluates and implements recruitment strategies to meet annual enrollment goals for the international territories.
- Develop and sustain methods to monitor productivity and effectiveness of all international admission activities inclusive of inquiry generation and I-20 issuance to final matriculation; requires frequent and focused follow-up.
- Establish the authenticity of academic credentials, evaluate academic profiles, and determine eligibility for merit scholarships.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO): collect, qualify, and evaluate all documentation related to financial support and/or sponsorship; coordinate the accurate and timely preparation and issuance of I-20 forms.
- Ensure that all data requests and reports to external agencies, partners and the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain student records database module(s) for undergraduate, transfer, graduate and English as a Second Language (ESL) students; record and update all student contact information within assigned territory.
- Coordinate and facilitate system related functions applicable to international admissions, including management of the enrollment workflow process; maintain data integrity via audits and other review processes related to database management.
- Process online, paper and common applications; create electronic files in accordance with university database standards and procedures.
- Navigate and manipulate data within the system; merge files, letters, emails, and other timely/appropriate messages.
- Serve as support for web-based international admissions related functions, primarily the online application; generate and deliver student correspondence throughout the enrollment process.
- Create hard copy, individual files for all admitted students; prepare required documents for the Registrar’s Office and Student Accounts.
- Develop innovative and creative media content across multiple social media platforms collaboratively with the International Admissions team and other members of Global Engagement.
- Work with International Admissions staff using Facebook, twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WeChat and WhatsApp accounts as needed to ensure student engagement.
- Study and track international social media trends.
- Analyze, create and deliver timely reports with statistics and results for each account and/or campaign within territory.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent intercultural communication skills and a demonstrated understanding of the issues and challenges affecting international students
- Proven, successful experience developing relationships with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituencies, including staff, faculty and administrators
- Strong competencies in technology, especially Web-based applications for use in outreach and promotion
- Ability to work with information technology based recruitment software package and Microsoft Office; strong email and web skills
- Valid driver’s license required
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
A cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae should accompany a completed application. Only applications containing references will be considered. Candidates subject to background clearances. Review of application materials will begin immediately; position open until filled.