The Graduate Health Science Department of La Roche University invites applications for the position of Clinical Coordinator, Nurse Anesthesia program. The Clinical Coordinator will be located at La Roche's main campus located in the North Hills neighborhood of Pittsburgh. This is a part-time, year-round staff position ensuring Student Registered Nurse Anesthetists (SRNAs) acquire the necessary clinical experience required by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Education Programs (COA). Anticipated start date is January 2024.
La Roche embraces its Catholic identity while welcoming people of all faiths and backgrounds, fosters global citizenship and creates a community of scholars from around the world. The University empowers all members of the community to become lifelong learners, achieve success in their chosen careers, and promote justice and peace in a constantly changing global society.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of academic and clinical expectations of students as expressed in the COA’s Standards and Guidelines.
- Ensures the clinical site and clinical faculty are adhering to the standards of accreditation as set forth by the COA.
- Provides clinical instruction and remediation to students in the clinical area in accordance with the COA’s Standards and Guidelines.
- Participates in the overall organization, implementation, and evaluation of the nurse anesthesia program.
- Ensure all students are provided an orientation to each of the clinical sites.
- Assigns and monitors daily assignments and attendance of each student. Creates and monitors student schedules and rotation assignments.
- Makes clinical site visits.
- Monitors case tracking by students.
- Monitors clinical faculty for compliance with completion of daily clinical evaluations.
- Teaches at least three courses per year.
- Assists in SIM lab simulations.
- Provides input on semester evaluations of students to Program Administrators.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current Pennsylvania License.
- Graduate of an accredited program of nurse anesthesia with current certification to practice nurse anesthesia by the National Board on Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
- Graduate of an accredited Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) or Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP) program. May currently be enrolled in a doctoral program.
Application materials should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and contact information for at least three professional references. Candidates must pass background clearances and submit official transcripts prior to the issuance of a contract. Review of applicants will begin immediately; position open until filled.
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY