The Introcaso Center for Lifelong Learning at La Roche University is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Lifeguard. This is a part-time position which reports to the Executive Director of the Introcaso Center for Lifelong Learning. The lifeguard will maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas and will create a positive atmosphere that promotes participant safety. Work shifts will vary based on schedule and demand.
La Roche embraces its Catholic identity while welcoming people of all faiths and backgrounds, fosters global citizenship and creates a community of scholars from around the world. The University empowers all members of the community to become lifelong learners, achieve success in their chosen careers, and promote justice and peace in a constantly changing global society.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains active surveillance and maintenance of the pool area.
• Enforces pool rules and policies with swimmers and non-swimmers in all aquatic areas.
• Knows/reviews all emergency procedures including Emergency Action Plan and responds to emergency situations immediately; attends all in-service training.
• Accurately completes related reports as required.
• Maintains effective, positive relationships with the participants and other staff.
• Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and locker room areas.
• Performs equipment and pool checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
• When required, performs chemical testing and takes appropriate action.
• Minimum age of 15.
• Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen, ARC Lifeguard or equivalent (can be in the process of obtaining or willing to obtain; cannot begin position until certified).
• Ability to maintain level of physical and mental readiness consistently over entire guard shift.
• Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with La Roche University and American Red Cross standards.
• Ability to secure all background checks and clearance requirements as required by the state of Pennsylvania.
• Ability to participate in ongoing training and skills refreshers throughout employment.
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Candidates subject to background clearances. Review of application materials will begin immediately; position open until filled.