The Management Division at La Roche University is currently seeking an Assistant Professor of Information Systems and Technology, commencing in August 2024, to teach a variety of courses within the Information Systems and Technology Department at both the graduate and undergraduate level. The ideal candidate should possess a doctorate or be in the process of achieving a doctorate in Information Systems or related field by May 2025.
Applicants should have experience teaching at a university/college level in both the classroom and online formats. In addition to teaching and advising students, the Assistant Professor will participate in meetings, committee work, and other departmental & divisional activities.
La Roche embraces its Catholic identity while welcoming people of all faiths and backgrounds, fosters global citizenship and creates a community of scholars from around the world. The University empowers all members of the community to become lifelong learners, achieve success in their chosen careers, and promote justice and peace in a constantly changing global society.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach four (4) classes in both Fall and Spring semesters, equivalent to 12 credit hours per semester; including on-line and traditional course formats. Teaching responsibilities will be based on relevant academic and professional experience and will include courses such as Java, Python, SQL, Web Scripting, Social Computing Systems, Object Oriented Systems, Cloud Computing, and Linux.
- Advise students on academic, curricular, and professional endeavors.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to all levels of undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, papers and other assignments; compile, administer, and grade examinations; maintain regularly scheduled office hours.
- Prepare course materials and Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions, both in class and online.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required documentation and evaluations.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction.
- Utilize educational technologies such as Canvas, smart classrooms, and other programs associated with teaching, advising, and assessing students.
- Pursue professional development and engage in continuing scholarly development through publications and conference presentations.
- Provide service to the University through participation and membership on faculty and administrative/operational committees, and attend required meetings.
- Participate in the academic assessment process and assist with any accreditation/compliance visits or reports; work with admissions offices in the recruitment of students.
- Required: Doctorate in Information Systems or related discipline.
- ABD candidates, with relevant experience and dissertation completion expected by May 2025 will be considered.
- Teaching experience at the college/university level required.
- Evidence of relevant professional work experience required.
Application materials should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and contact information for at least 3 professional references. Candidates must pass background clearances and submit official transcripts prior to the issuance of a contract.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. Review of applicants will begin immediately; position open until filled.
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
No Relocation Assistance
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States. LRU will not sponsor or take over the sponsorship of an employment visa for this opportunity.