Call 412-367-9300 to reach the Information Desk at La Roche University. To browse the directory, please select a letter from the menu above.
Linda Jordan Platt, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in English, University of Pittsburgh, 1996
- M.A. in English, University of Pittsburgh, 1985
- B.A. in English, Grove City College, 1973
- Director of College Writing
- Co-Chair of Performing Arts
awards and recognitions:
- Outstanding Staff Service Award, La Roche University Student Government, 2002
- Class Marshal, 1999
- Brother Gregory Nugent Award for Teacher Excellence, La Roche University, 1998
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS AND articles:
- “Reading the Gaps: High School-College Alignment and the Humanities,” Humanities Symposium, Columbia University, New York City, Feb. 27 2007
- Consultant to Pennsylvania Department of Education, PSSA/Placement Exams Alignment Project, 2004-6.
- Governor's Commission on College and Career Success, PA Department of Education, Work Group Member, Fall 2005 to December 2006
- “Evidence-Based Education Policies: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road,” with Lucretia “Penny” Pence, in Blurring Boundaries: Developing Writers, Researchers, and Teachers. A Tribute to William L. Smith. Ed. Peggy O'Neill. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, 2006.
JOINED LA ROCHE:
Pittsburgh and Parker, Pennsylvania