Call 412-367-9300 to reach the Information Desk at La Roche University. To browse the directory, please select a letter from the menu above.
Irene Joos, Ph.D.
Professor, Information Systems
- BSN, Pennsylvania State University
- MSN, University of Pittsburgh
- Ph.D. in Education
- MSIS in Information Science
- Joos, I. and Nelson, R. (2015). Chapter 6: Data and Data Processing. In Essentials of Nursing Informatics by Saba, V. and McCormick, K. New York: McGraw Hill Companies.
- Joos, I. (2015). Education Discipline. In Getting Started with Discipline Specific Projects by Poatsy, M., Gionfriddo, S., Joos, I., Lau, L, and Porter, O. Upper Saddle, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Joos, I., Nelson, R., and Smith,M (2014). 6th Edition. Introduction to Computers for Healthcare Professionals. Sudberry, MA: Jones an Barlett Publishers.
- Joos, I. (2014). Chapter 27: Distance Education: Applications, Techniques, and Issues. In Nursing Informatics: An Interpersonal Approach for Health Practitioners by Staggers, N. and Nelson, R. St.Louis, MO: Elsevier Inc.
- Nelson, R. , Joos, I., and Wolf, Debra. (2013). Social Media for Nurses: Education Practitioners and Patients in a Networked World. NY: Springer Publishing Company.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- Elected to Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society
- Elected to Beta Phi Mu National Honor Society in Library and Information Science
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIPS:
- Health Information and Management Systems Society
- National League for Nursing
JOINED LA ROCHE:
- 1997 as an adjunct faculty member
- 1999 as Director of Instructional and Library Technologies
- 2002 as Assistant Professor and Director of Online Learning
- 2008 as Associate Professor and Directory of Online Learning (2012)
- 2014 as a professor