ESL Brochure Translations:
ESL Program Requirements & Application (English)
We offer a comprehensive academically-focused English as a Second Language (ESL) program for non-native students seeking to prepare for undergraduate or graduate school. Successful completion of our ESL program affords students immediate acceptance into La Roche College academic studies and does not require additional standardized testing such as TOEFL or IELTS.
OUR GOALS ARE:
- To provide superior proficiency-based and academically-geared instruction in English as a Second Language
- To prepare students for the standards of expectation and the rigor of academic coursework at the levels of undergraduate and graduate studies
- To provide instruction applying best practice methodology and a curriculum focused on student outcomes and preparation for both general academic success and discipline-specific academic exposures, such as vocabulary study
- To provide a cohesive curriculum aligned with the academic core and departmental objectives of La Roche College
- To offer project-based learning strategies throughout each level and course to promote collaborative, context-based learning and enhanced opportunities for exchange, meaningful outcomes and contribution within the western model of higher education
- To integrate IELTS and TOEFL testing content at each level of ESL study
- To promote cultural and language immersion within the broader native and non-native academic population of La Roche College through events, special programming and unique exposures
- To support our ESL population to transition to life and study at the college and within the greater community
- ESL Peer Advisory support is available through a supportive and engaged group of former ESL students who have become mentors dedicated to assist all ESL participants in their adjustment and success as both ESL students and future academic students
Our ESL program develops the academic language proficiency required for use at all levels and in all areas of academic study. At La Roche College, ESL students are given the rigor and support specific to a climate of higher education. Liberal and professional education experiences are integrated into a way of life that empowers men and women to become lifelong learners, achieve success in their chosen careers and promote justice and peace in a constantly changing global society.