La Roche University’s Scholar Credit Initiative Program (SCIP) allows you to earn college credits while you’re still in high school.
Whether you want to take classes online or on the La Roche campus, SCIP gives the chance to get ahead, save money and explore college level courses. High school students who want to take dual-enrollment
courses at their own high schools should visit the Scholar Program page for more details.
- Save money while earning a college degree. You pay $225 per credit hour vs. $700 per credit hour.
- Get used to the college learning environment sooner.
- Choose from a wide variety of courses in English, modern languages and more.
- Earn up to 15 credits toward your college education.
To be considered for SCIP at La Roche University, you must:
- Be a high school sophomore, junior or senior to participate.
- Submit a completed SCIP application form to the Office of Freshman Admissions.
- Submit a current transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or greater and at least sophomore standing at the time of application.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school counselor. Home-schooled students may submit a letter of recommendation from an organization leader or adviser.
Spring 2022 Course Offerings:
- HIST1016 (02) Social Dynamics of US History
- MATH 1010 (01) College Algebra
- PART1002 (01) Music Appreciation II
- RELS1004 (01) The Bible as Literature
- ENGL1001 (04) Academic Reading and Writing
- MATH1070 (01) Finite Mathematics for Business (must have completed Algebra II or higher in high school)
For More Information
The Office Admissions
La Roche University
9000 Babcock Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15237