Sensitive to today’s economic climate, La Roche University will discount undergraduate tuition for the summer 2020 session and will not charge fees.
Tuition for undergraduate courses is $560.00 per credit. Graduate tuition rates for summer courses remain the same as spring 2020 rates, but additional university fees are similarly waived. Summer internships are offered at a further discount. ESL tuition is $890 per course.
Because tuition is being discounted upfront, no institutional financial aid will be awarded for the summer. Students may still apply for federal, state and private financial aid.
General Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
Availability of funds for the summer session is contingent upon remaining funds and the financial need of the student as determined by the 2020-2021 financial aid application.
- Students must have a complete 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file in order to be considered for financial aid.
- Students must complete a 2021 Summer Financial Aid Application (available online and in the Financial Aid Office) and return it to the Financial Aid Office by March 19, 2021. Applications received after this date will be processed as late and eligibility may be denied.
- Students are required to be making satisfactory academic progress in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Most types of financial aid require the student to be enrolled at least part-time (six credits for undergraduates and three credits for graduates.)
- Students must be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program at La Roche University to be considered for any financial aid. Students attending La Roche University for the summer session as transient students from other colleges and universities are NOT eligible for financial aid for the summer. Students are not eligible to receive financial aid from two different institutions for the same term.
Federal Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
- Availability of funds for the summer session is contingent upon remaining funds and the financial need of the student as determined by the 2020-2021 financial aid application. Any remaining funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Federal Loan Requirements
- Federal Direct Student Loans: Students are eligible for a Federal Direct Student Loan in the amount of the grade level maximum minus any amount already borrowed during the academic year.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans: Parents of students may borrow up to the cost of attendance minus any other aid the student is receiving.
- Federal Direct GradPLUS Loans: Graduate students may borrow up to the cost of attendance minus any other aid the student is receiving.
State Grant Requirements
- PA State Grants require a separate application through PHEAA. Approvals for summer state grants may be determined after the summer session has begun and are therefore disbursed on a reimbursement basis. Applications are available on PHEAA's website.
Private Loan Requirements