Requirements for Admission
The ELMSN is designed for students who hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline other than nursing. The program includes nursing knowledge for entry into practice coupled with graduate-level concepts and skills.
For admission to the program, applicants must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in any field from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent) and earned a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale during the last 60 credits of their bachelor’s program
- Provide transcripts from all undergraduate educational institutions attended, showing an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Complete criminal background check clearances and drug screenings (carried out within three months prior to admission)
- Supply proof of current AHA Basic Life Support certification
- Submit a completed Department of Nursing health form and physical examination
- Completed within the last seven years and with a grade of C (2.0) or higher the following prerequisites:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I (with laboratory component)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II (with laboratory component)
- Microbiology (with laboratory component)
- Developmental Psychology
Any applicants missing pre-requisite courses will be required to take or re-take them prior to beginning Entry Level MSN courses.
Learn more about the program, career outcomes and the benefits of earning a Enty Level MSN from La Roche University by clicking here.