Requirements & Application
The Family Nurse Practitioner post-master’s certificate program is a part-time, 30-credit program for nurses who are seeking to advance their education. Graduates of the program will meet the criteria for the American Nurses Credentialing Center and American Academy of Nurse Practitioners certification exams.
For admission to the program, applicants must submit:
- Current Pennsylvania RN nursing license
- BSN from an accredited program OR MSN entry program
- MSN from an accredited program
- One year experience as a nurse
- All official transcripts
- Current resume or CV
- Essay of professional and academic goals
- Two letters of reference
- QPA of 3.0 or above
In addition to meeting the standard academic
criteria for the program to which you are applying, international applicants
must demonstrate English proficiency. All international students must take one
of the tests indicated below and meet the university minimum score requirement:
- A minimum TOEFL iBT of 100
- A minimum IELTS overall band score of 7.0
- A minimum Duolingo English test score of 125
- Proof of 1000 hours of clinical practice
experience within the past year in a US healthcare agency prior to admission.
Note: Official transcripts are transcripts received by La Roche University in a sealed, unopened envelope from the school in question.
Learn more about program and the benefits of earning a Family Nurse Practitioner Post Master’s Certificate from La Roche University.