Military/Veteran Requirements & Application
- Gather Information: Contact the Office of Graduate Studies & Adult Education at 412 536-1260 to review the admissions process or request an in-person or telephone appointment. Inquiries can also be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the La Roche website for open house dates and to explore the various major options at the college. Request an appointment and talk about your educational interests with a counselor.
- Credit Evaluation: Arrange a meeting with an admissions counselor in-person or by phone, to have an unofficial credit evaluation completed. This will give you a better idea of how many more credits you will need for degree completion. You are also welcome to mail or fax transcripts for evaluation. FAX number: 412-536-1283.
- Apply for admission as either a freshman or transfer student.
- Apply for Your Military or Veteran Educational Benefits: In person or online, talk with your military/veteran benefits contact to start the application process, or go online at www.gibill.va.gov to make application for benefits.
- Advising: An admissions counselor will assist you with arranging an appropriate schedule of classes for your first semester.
- Financial aid: A separate appointment with Financial Aid Office is recommended. Please inform your admissions counselor to make such arrangements.
- Registration: You never have to leave home or work to register once you have completed your application process. An admissions counselor can assist you by fax at 412-536-1283 or by phone at 412-536-1260.
- Official Credit Evaluation: An official credit evaluation will be forwarded to you within one month after your admissions file is complete. A complete admissions file includes a completed application and all official transcripts.
- Orientation: Participate in the orientation at the beginning of each semester to further assist you with your transition as a new student or to obtain your photo ID, parking permit, computer logon, books, etc.
For more information on applying to La Roche as a veteran student, transferring credits, tuition payment and housing options, contact the Graduate Studies & Adult Education Office located in Room 104, A.J Palumbo Science Center, adjacent to the library.