Call 412-367-9300 to reach the Information Desk at La Roche University.
Search Results for "T"
Azlan Tajuddin, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, Sociology
Professor and Chair, International Studies
- Ph.D. (University of Tennessee)
- M.A. (University of Sheffield, England)
- B.A. (University of Minnesota)
RECENT peer-reviewed journal publications (2015-PRESENT):
RECENT BOOK PUBLICATION:
- Azlan Tajuddin. “Diasporic Insecurity as Constructional Framework for Chinese Political Identity in Colonial Malaya (1826-1957),” Journal of International and Global Studies 10, no.1 (December 2018): 24-39.
- Azlan Tajuddin. “Ethnic Cleansing of the Rohingyas in Myanmar,” Journal of Asia Pacific Studies 4, no.4 (February 2018): 422-450.
- Azlan Tajuddin. “Statelessness and Persecution of the Rohingyas in Myanmar: Time for Serious International Intervention,” Social Science Spectrum 3, no.3 (September 2017): 128-140.
- Azlan Tajuddin.
2016. “Potentials for Democratic Development in Timor-Leste: A Critical Modernist
Perspective,” Journal of Global South
Studies (33) 2: forthcoming in November, 2016;
Tajuddin. 2016. “Development, Democracy, and Post-Islamism in Indonesia,” International Journal of Social Science
Studies 4 (11): 41-50;
- Azlan Tajuddin
and Jamie Stern. 2015. “From Brown Dutchman to Indo-Americans: Changing
Identity of the Dutch-Indonesian (Indo) Diaspora in America,” International
Journal of Politics, Culture, and Society (28) 4: 349-376;
- Tajuddin, Azlan. 2012. Malaysia in the World Economy (1824-2011): Capitalism, Ethnic Divisions, and “Managed” Democracy. Lexington Books: Lanham, MD
selected PROFESSIONAL contributions and accomplishments:
- Academician, International Academy of Social Sciences
- Member, Association of Global South Studies
- Member, Board of Editors, Journal of Global South Studies
- Member, North Central Sociological Association
- Member, Alpha Kappa Delta Honors Society
- Designed, organized, and led delegations of students on study abroad trips to Turkey (2013), Finland (2014), Morocco and Spain (2015), Denmark (2016), Peru (2017), and South Africa (2018).
- Outstanding teaching awards, the University of Tennessee
JOINED LA ROCHE: